Omid Isfahani Alamdari was born in Hadishahr, Iran, in 1989. Currently, he is a Ph.D. student in department of Computer Science at University of Pisa and a member of the Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining Laboratory (KDD- Lab), a joint research group with the Information Science and Technology Institute of Italian National Research Council. Prior to joining the University of Pisa in 2016, he was the member of Moving Objects Databases (MODB) research group at Iran University of Science and Technology. He received a B.Sc. and M.Sc. in computer engineering from Urmia University and Iran University of Science and Technology, in 2013 and 2016, respectively. His research interests include mobility big data, distributed systems, database systems and location-based services. His Ph.D. thesis is oriented to the processing and mining of big mobility data.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
Project Title: Scalable Processing and Mining of Big Mobility Data.
Supervisors: Prof. Dino Pedreschi, Dr. Roberto Trasarti
- Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering (Software – Distributed Processing), Iran University of Science and Technology, Tehran.
Project Title: A Similarity-Based Method for Moving Objects Trajectory Data Reduction in Road Networks.
Supervisor: Dr. Hassan Naderi
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering (Software), Urmia University, Urmia.
Project Title: Content-Based Image Retrieval (CBIR) System.
Supervisor: Dr. Saleh Yousefi
- Mohammad Reza Abbasifard, Hassan Naderi, Omid Isfahani Alamdari, “Efficient Indexing for Past and Current Position of Moving Objects on Road Networks”, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, vol. PP, no. 99, pp. 1-12.
- Mohammad Reza Abbasifard, Hassan Naderi, Omid Isfahani Alamdari, Ali Jafari, “New Method for Management of Moving Objects Trajectories in Intelligent Transportation Systems”, Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE International Conference on Knowledge-Based Engineering and Innovation (KBEI-2015). November 2015, Tehran, Iran.
- Mohammad Reza Abbasifard, Hassan Naderi, Zohreh Fallahnejad, Omid Isfahani Alamdari, “Approximate Aggregate Nearest Neighbor Based on Averaging”, submitted to Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences [in review].
- Mohammad Reza Abbasifard, Hassan Naderi, Zohreh Fallahnejad, Omid Isfahani Alamdari, “Approximate Aggregate Nearest Neighbor Search on Moving Objects Trajectories”, Journal of Central South University, Central South University Press, volume 22, issue 11, pp:4246-4253, 2015.
- Mobility Data Analysis and Management
- Distributed Systems
- Big Data Processing
- Process Mining
- Developing Web Applications, specially Content Management Systems
- Content Based Image Retrieval
- May 2019–Aug 2019: Visiting Graduate Research Student, Big Mobility Data Management, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada
- Sep 2018–Dec 2018: Visiting Researcher, Track&Know Project, University of Piraeus, Piraeus, Greece
- Summer 2013: Web Service developer of an Android application, Rightel Communications
- Summer 2016: Backend Developer of a taxi ridesharing project, MATIN co.
- Java (Spring/J2EE/Hibernate/JMS/Android), C/C++/CUDA C/OpenCL/C++AMP, Apache Spark/Hadoop/Storm/Flink, R, Prolog, PHP, JS
- MongoDB, PostgreSQL+PostGIS, MySQL
- Big Software on the Run summer school (BSR 2018) – Berg en Dal – The Netherlands. July 2018,
Selected topics: Process mining, Real-Time Analytics of Data Streams, Text Analytics to Support Software Development Projects, Visual Analytics Opens the Black Box of Machine Learning.
- Bertinoro International Spring School 2017 (BISS 2017) – University Residential Center of Bertinoro, Bertinoro, Italy. March 2017
Selected topics: Approximation Algorithms, Kleene algebra with tests and applications to network programming, Probabilistic Graphical Models in Intelligent Systems
- Summer School on Heterogeneous and Mobile Databases (HMD2016) – Institute for Research in Fundamental Sciences, Tehran, Iran. August 2016
Selected topics: Database System architectures, Distributed Database systems, Multidatabases, Mobile Data Access systems
- The First IPM Advanced School on Computing: Formal Methods for Design and Analysis of Computer Systems (ASOC2016) – Institute for Research in Fundamental Sciences, Tehran, Iran. January 2016
Selected topics: Model-Based System Design, The Spirit of Multicore Computing, Engineering of Highly Concurrent Systems
- Azerbaijani Turkish (Mother Tongue)
- English (C1)
- Italian (A1)
Mountain Climbing (Skyrunning), Biking, Running, Mugham music of Azerbaijan