"Non credo che la pratica della scienza possa andar
disgiunta dal coraggio.
Essa tratta il sapere, che è un prodotto
del dubbio; e col procacciare sapere a tutti su ogni cosa, tende a destare
il dubbio in tutti."
Bertolt Brecht,Vita di Galileo.
Universita` di Pisa - Dipartimento di Informatica
Largo B. Pontecorvo 3, 56127 Pisa, ITALY
Phone: +39-050-2212798 - Fax: +39-050-2212726
Room 358 / DN
- Machine Learning, Artificial and Computational Intelligence, Soft Computing
- Learning in Structured Domains, Relational Learning , Relational Data Mining
- Supervised and Unsupervised Neural Networks, Recurrent and Recursive Neural Networks
- Deep Learning, Deep Recurrent Networks, Deep Reservoir Computing, DeepESN
- Processing of Sequences and Structured Information (trees and graphs) in Machine Learning:
Recursive Models, Reservoir Computing, Hidden Markov Models, Kernel-based Methods for Non-vectorial Data
- Applications to Cheminformatics, QSPR/QSAR Analysis, and Toxicity predictions
- Applications to Bioinformatics and Health/biomedical Informatics
- Learning in Robotics and Wireless/Intelligent Sensor Networks
- Human Activity Recognition for Ambient Assisted Living
- See also Methodologies and Models in CIML for
Recursive and Contextual Neural Networks topic.
- IEEE CIS Task Force on Deep Learning (Member)
- IEEE CIS Smart World Task Force on Intelligent Cyber-Physical Systems (Committee Member)
PC Conferences 2013-2018:
- IJCAI (International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence)
- ECAI (European Conference on Artificial Intelligence)
- IEEE SCCI CIDM (IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Data Mining)
- IEEE SCCI DL (IEEE Symposium on Deep Learning)
- IEEE IJCNN (International Joint Conference on Neural Networks)
- ESANN (European Symposium on Artificial Neural Networks, Computational Intelligence and Machine Learning)
- IEEE INISTA (IEEE International Symposium on INnovations in Intelligent SysTems and Applications)
- ICANN (International Conference on Artificial Neural Networks)
- ICPRAM (International Conference on Pattern Recognition Applications and Methods)
- IEEE ETFA (Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation, Track 10 PC)
- NC2 (Workshop on New Challenges in Neural Computation and Machine Learning)
- MOD (International Workshop on Machine Learning, Optimization and Big Data)
- IML (International Conference on Internet of Things and Machine Learning)
- AI*IA (Conference of the Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence)
- WIRN (Italian Workshop on Neural Networks)
MLDM.it 2017 @ XVI AI*IA Conference on Artificial Intelligence.
Organizer of the
MLDM.it 2014 @ XIII AI*IA Symposium on Artificial Intelligence.
MLDM.it 2015 @ XIV AI*IA Conference on Artificial Intelligence.
MLDM.it 2016 @ XV AI*IA Conference on Artificial Intelligence.
Mirror site 1 /
Mirror site 2
Randomized Neural Networks
@ ESANN 2018
Advances in Reservoir Computing
@ IEEE IJCNN/World Congress on Computational Intelligence (WCCI) 2018
- International Project: "Adaptive Processing of Data Structures" (Australian Research Council)
- National Project: "Design of biologically active molecules by neural network techniques applied to QSAR studies and by investigation of ligand-macromolecule interactions".
("Progettazione di molecole biologicamente attive mediante studi QSAR con tecniche neurali e studi di interazione ligando-macromolecola") ( Cofin 99 - MURST and University of Pisa)
- National Projects PRIN - MIUR: Cofin 1999, Cofin 2000, Cofin 2001, Cofin 2002, Cofin 2003, Cofin 2005.
- EU FP7 RUBICON:
Robotics UBIquitous COgnitive Network.
- EU FP7 DOREMI:
Decrease of cOgnitive decline, malnutRition and sedEntariness by elderly
empowerment in lifestyle Management and social Inclusion.