SHORT CURRICULUM VITAE ET STUDIORUM
Pierpaolo Degano has been
- since 1/11/1990 full Professore in computer science, since 1993 at Dipartimento di Informatica, Università di Pisa
- 1993-96 head of the Dipartimento di Informatica, Università di Pisa
- 2000-2003 Chairman of GRIN, the Italian Association of the Professors of Computer Science
- since 2001 member of the scientific committee of the Scuola di Dottorato di Eccellenza "Galileo Galilei", since 2009 vice-chairman
- since 2006 head of the PhD programme in Computer Science
- since 2007 chairman of the Italian Committee of PhD programmes in Computer Science
- since 2005 member of the scientific committee of CoSBi, the Microsoft Research - University of Trento Centre for Computational and Systems Biology
Pierpaolo Degano published about 200 scientific papers on international
journals and conference proceedings on the following main topics:
- Semantics of Concurrency
- Languages for distributed and concurrent systems
- Methods and Tools for program verification
- Programming tools
Pierpaolo Degano has been or is:
- Chair of many Programme Committees of International Conferences and Advanced Schools (among which ICALP'97, ICTCS'98, WITS'00, ESOP'03, SFM-08-bio, FAST'08, FAST'09, FAST'10, CMSB'09), and editor of their proceedings; director of the Advanced Seminar on Distributed Computing of TAPSOFT'91
- member of the Editorial Board of Theo. Comp. Science-C and of Mondo Digitale; and editor of several special issues of Theo. Comp. Sci., ACM Compt. Reviews, Sci. Comp. Prog., Information & Computation, J. Info. Security
- member of the steering Committees of TAPSOFT; ETAPS; EATCS and of its Italian Chapter; co-founder the IFIP TC1 WG 1.7 on Theoretical Foundations of Security Analysis and Design and initiator of the WITS series of W/S
- member of several international committees for evaluating CS departments and institutions, projects etc
- visiting professor at École Polytechnique, École Normale Superieure, CWI, Université Rennes
Pierpaolo Degano participated, often as project leader, in national research projects (several PRIN, TESLA, etc), as well as international ones, e.g.
- ESPRIT - Parallel Architectures and Languages, n░ 415, member of the Working Group on Semantics.
- ESPRIT Basic Research Action - Models, Languages and Logics for Concurrent
- CEC Working Groups GRA-GRA and MASK.
- Joint project between UniversitÓ di Pisa and Hewlett-Packard.
- ESPRIT Basic Research Action 8130 - LOMAPS.
- FET - DEGAS.
- FET - SENSORIA
Pierpaolo Degano thought and still teaches undergraduate and PhD courses on Programming Languages, Compilers, Semantics, Foundations of Computer Science, Security in several Universities in Italy and in Europe.